- English and Media
- Art, Design & Technology
- Creative Arts
- Social Sciences
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Business, Economics and Computing
- Personal Development Time
- Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural Development
- Course Guidance for Year 9 Parents and Carers 2023
Sociology is about the world that we live in. From studying sociology, you will develop a wider knowledge and understanding of the society in which you live. From the structures and institutions that form the building blocks of society, to the day-to-day interactions between its members.
We are all members of society, but through deeper study of sociology, you will develop a deeper understanding of the social world and examine issues that affect our way of life in Britain and beyond.
We will consider issues such as:
- What is the role of education in society?
- How has the education system changed?
- Why is there a gender gap?
- How has the structure and role of the family changed?
- Is the criminal justice system racist?
- How has globalisation impacted crime?
- How does religion create social change?
- How has science impacted religion?
You will study the following units:
- Sociological Research
- Families and Households
- Beliefs in Society
- Crime and Deviance.