Teaching and Learning
- Reading and Writing
- More Able
- Brilliant Club
- Mid Essex Initial Teacher Training (MEITT)
- Years 7 - 11 Target Setting and Reporting Guide for Parents/Carers
Mid-Essex Initial Teacher Training has been providing highly-skilled teachers for local secondary schools for more than 28 years.Working out of its lead school, Notley High School & Braintree Sixth Form, Mid‑Essex ITT works closely with 16 schools across the county, including in Braintree, Brentwood, Chelmsford and Rochford.
In October 2017, Mid Essex ITT was inspected by Ofsted and awarded the coveted 'outstanding' status in all categories, including leadership, quality of training and outcomes.
Mid Essex ITT offers a variety of different routes into teacher training:
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), accredited by Anglia Ruskin University
- SCITT (School Centred Initial Teacher Training)
- Government-funded bursaries and scholarships (for some subjects)
- Salaried options
- Assessment Only
- Access to funded Subject Knowledge Enhancement courses
- Full-time and part-time courses available
To find out more, visit the website or contact:
Our offices are open Monday-Friday 8.30am-4.30pm. We will always endeavour to answer your queries and guide you through the teacher training process.