Notley High School & Braintree Sixth Form
The Notley High School & Braintree Sixth Form curriculum model conforms to the overarching Bridge Academy Trust Curriculum Policy of providing a broad, balanced, and ambitious offer. This rationale aims to outline the intent and implementation of the curriculum. The impact is evaluated via pupil outcomes and various self-evaluation processes.
Our ethos is for students of all abilities and backgrounds to feel valued through ‘working together: achieving together’ to reach their full potential.
The aims are for students:
- To enjoy coming to school and the learning experiences available to them
- To be enriched with a wealth of opportunities inside and outside of lessons ensuring that all talents are identified and nurtured
- To achieve high standards:
- academically - in terms of examination results
- personally - through their respect for others and their environment
- socially - through their contribution to the life of the school and wider community
The over-arching aim of the curriculum is to not only prepare pupils for public examinations but also equip them with the life skills necessary to gain employment and be productive members of the community.
All lessons and activities should embed positive learning behaviours and challenge pupils to ‘think hard’. This will develop metacognition, self-regulation, resilience, and a deeper understanding of how to learn and gain knowledge. This in turn will lead to the development of ‘mastery’, allowing students to apply knowledge and understanding in different contexts and situations.
Due to the current Covid-19 situation, the curriculum will also make specific provision for a targeted ‘catch-up intervention programme’ and a ‘remote learning education’ offer (see relevant provision documents).