for entry from September 2020
Notley High School & Braintree Sixth Form
Notley Road, Braintree CM7 1WY
Telephone: (01376) 556300
Headteacher: Mr R James Academy (Co-educational) 11–18
School Number: 881-4420
Published admission number Sept 2020: 250
Applications received (all preferences) Sept 2020: 456
Number on roll Oct 2020: 1468
In 2020 the last child was admitted under criterion 8
There is no guarantee of a place for children living in the priority admission area. In the event of oversubscription places will be allocated using the following criteria in the order given:
- Looked After Children and previously looked after children (see definition on pages 13-14);
- children of staﬀ members where:
a) the member of staﬀ has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the school is made, and/or
b) the member of staﬀ is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage;
- children living in the outlying priority admission area* of the school with a sibling attending the school;
- children living in the outlying priority admission area* of the school;
- children living in the Town priority admission area* of the school with a sibling attending the school;
- children living in the Town priority admission area* of the school;
- children living outside of the school’s priority admission area* with a sibling attending the school;
- remaining applications.
In the event of oversubscription within any of the above criteria, priority will be determined by straight line distance from home to school, those living closest being given highest priority. Exceptional medical circumstances (supported by medical evidence) may override the above criteria (other than Looked After Children and previously looked after children).
Waiting list held until: end of autumn term.
If your child is not offered a place at our school, you can appeal against the decision. You need to make an appeal within 20 days of receiving the decision letter or email.
To find out more about appealing an admission decision, please visit the Local Authority website: https://www.essex.gov.uk/after-your-school-offer
Admissions to Sixth Form
The school is proposing to admit 150 students each year to the Braintree Sixth Form, including at least 50 external applicants. Admission to the Sixth Form will be by reference to qualification to a particular Sixth Form programme of study. The Sixth Form prospectus will publicise the range of programmes, the specific entrance requirements, the number of places on each programme and, in the event of oversubscription, the tie-break mechanism that will be applied.