Notley High School and Braintree Sixth Form
Notley Road, Braintree CM7 1WY
Telephone: (01376) 556300
Headteacher: Mr S Thompson
Specialist Technology and Applied Learning School 11–18
School Number: 881-44 20
Published admission number Sept 2014: 240
Published admission number Sept 2013: 240
There is no guarantee of a place for children living in the priority admission area. In the event of oversubscription places will be allocated using the following criteria in the order given:
1. Looked After Children and previously looked after children;
2. children living in the outlying priority admission area of the school with a sibling attending the school;
3. children living in the outlying priority admission area of the school;
4. children living in the Town priority admission area of the school with a sibling attending the school;
5. children living in the Town priority admission area of the school;
6. children living outside of the school’s priority admission area with a sibling attending the school;
7. remaining applications.
In the event of oversubscription within any of the above criteria, priority will be determined by straight line distance from home to school, those living closest being given highest priority. Exceptional medical circumstances (supported by medical evidence) may override the above criteria (other than Looked After Children and previously looked after children).
Admissions to Sixth Form
The school is proposing to admit 150 students each year to the Braintree Sixth Form, including at least 50 external applicants. Admission to the Sixth Form will be by reference to qualification to a particular Sixth Form programme of study. The Sixth Form prospectus will publicise the range of programmes, the specific entrance requirements, the number of places on each programme and, in the event of oversubscription, the tie-break mechanism that will be applied.
Transport (Braintree Town area)
If you reside in the Braintree Town area, transport will only be provided if you meet the distance criteria outlined on page 21 and your child will be attending the school in whose priority area you live. If you would like to confirm the school for which you would be entitled to transport assistance please contact 0845 603 2200 and ask for the Education Transport & Awards team.
Waiting list held until: end of autumn term